The Full Business Case for the take over of Hinchingbrooke Healthcare NHS trust by Peterborough and Stamford NHS Foundation Trust has today been released. The FBC will hightlight the future of the new Trust under proposals made by both trust boards back in April 2016 which will be completed by April 2017. The new trust which is yet to be named will cover resident’s care across Huntingdonshire, Peterborough and South Lincolnshire with all three areas having upto 700,000 plus patients for care to be proivded.
In a joint statement, the two chief executives of the hospital Trusts, Lance McCarthy of Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust, and Stephen Graves, of Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, said: “The Full Business Case addresses the issues raised by members of the public who have been attending our engagement sessions held between July and mid-September. One of their main concerns were about patients having to travel further to access care.
“We can assure patients that the Full Business Case focuses upon us jointly delivering care that’s better, safer and local. There are no plans to change the location of any service, including A&E and maternity, which has been a concern of patients in Huntingdonshire in particular.
“We are also hoping that residents in Huntingdonshire will take advantage of the fact they can become members of the merged Foundation Trust, and as a result, play a greater part in the running of their local hospital. This can include standing for election to the Council of Governors, which will ensure local voices will be heard.”
Hands Off Hinchingbrooke team will be looking over the FBC over the coming days and will give a full detail outline on what measures will be put in place by both hospitals in the coming weeks.
The Full Business Case will be discussed by the boards of both Trusts in the following two meetings to be held in public:
- Tuesday 27 September 2016 – Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust board will meet at 1.30pm in the Board Room at Peterborough City Hospital, Level 4 Core A.
- Thursday 29 September 2016 – Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust board will meet at 11am in the Partnership Suite at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Members of the public are able to attend both meetings. A series of additional staff engagement sessions are being held at both Trusts, starting on Friday 23 September.
In addition, the Trusts will be staging a further six public engagement events in October to hear feedback on the Full Business Case from members of the public. The meetings take place at:
- Hinchingbrooke Hospital’s Partnership Suite on Monday 3 October at 5.45pm
- Stamford Hospital Meeting Hall on Thursday 6 October at 5.45pm
- Deepings Community Centre, Market Deeping, on Monday 10 October at 7pm
- Peterborough City Hospital, Learning Centre, on Tuesday 11 October at 5.45pm
- St Ives Corn Exchange on Thursday 13 October at 2pm
- Bourne Corn Exchange on Thursday 20 October at 4.30pm